We are entering a new era of warfare that is more complex than ever before. It requires mission-driven leadership to unify teams on a singular mission, no matter how diverse or dispersed they are.
Jon Rennie, a business owner, author, and former naval officer joins us in today’s episode. Jon’s former submariner experience brings in unheard-of leadership principles and found the basic underlying principles for success at sea can lead to high-performing teams on land.
Jon’s mission-driven leadership leads others to accomplish the mission by relying entirely on the actions of his fellow employees. He fundamentally believes mission-driven leadership means that there is shared responsibility as well as shared vulnerability. Hence, regardless of rank or experience, every employee is vitally important.
Tune in ’til the very end and learn how you can create an environment where all of your team members can build on the strengths of each member and how you can get your team working toward the same goal!
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How can you successfully lead and unify your team on a singular mission;
- Why leaders are not special in any form of management;
- Learn how to transform your team into a cohesive group; and
- BONUS TRICK: How you can bridge the gap between your departments
- You Have the Watch: A Guided Journal to Become a Leader Worth Following – Author: Jon Rennie
- All in the Same Boat: Lead Your Organization Like a Nuclear Submariner – Author: Jon Rennie
- I Have the Watch: Becoming a Leader Worth Following – Author: Jon Rennie
- Peak Demand
- Mads Singers Free Management Training
- Join Mads Singers Management Group
Enjoyed Mads Singers’ podcast? Check out these:
- #6: Julio Monzon on Culture-Driven Leadership
- #92: Isaac Smith on Team Dynamics
- #108: Ryan Shekell on Building and Cultivating Relationships
Have comments about the show?
Hey, do you have ideas for topics you’d like Mads Singers on future episodes? He’d love to hear from you at email@example.com!